|Field Trip to Folsom Prison|
|Season 1, Episode 1A|
|Air date||July 15, 1997|
|Written by|| David Feiss (storyboard)|
|Directed by|| David Feiss|
The Girls' Bathroom
Field Trip to Folsom Prison is the first episode of Cow and Chicken from Season 1.
- Chicken (Antagonist until the end)
- Red (Semi-Antagonist)
- Poopy the Clown
Cow and Chicken are going on a field trip to Folsom Prison. He reluctantly is sitting next to her because Mom and Dad told him to do so. Cow annoys Chicken so he sits back with Flem and Earl through the rest of the ride.
Once at prison, they get into the main yard when Chicken puts on Red's prison suit and befriends the other prisoners. However, a guard offends him by hitting him with his stick. In retaliation, Chicken pulls his pants down slyly and called jailbreak. The guard shouts to sound the alarm and falls down after tripping on his own pants. The prisoners are laughing and congratualates Chicken, thinking he's Red. The guard is offended and screams Lockdown! As Chicken is being sent away, the real Red assumes Chicken's name by taking his nametag and escapes on the school bus. This leads to Chicken attempting to start a riot and is sent to the warden for discipline.
Cow evenutally suspects Red of being a fake because she know Chicken would never play with her. She assumes her Supercow form and uses her tricycle to take the diapered Red back to prison. She rescues Chicken and takes him home, while leaving Red (Who is still diapered) in jail with the other prisoners. Red asks the prisoners if they wanna play jump rope, which they accept.
At the house later on, Dad informs him about the warden from Folsom Prison calling. Chicken confessed that he knew why the warden called, he did time in Folsom Prison for pantsing the guard. Dad tells him that he merely left his name tag there and appreciates Chicken being honest with him.
- This is the first episode of Cow and Chicken as a full series, after the original pilot was aired on November 12, 1995.
- This episode was recorded on November 7, 1996.
- The boy on the bus with the light blue shirt and dark blue pants is named Dala.
- The sign Chicken runs into says "Cow X-ing".
- Both the lunch-server and Red have the same tattoo, on the same arm.
- The boy on the bus with the orange shirt and brown pants has no name on his nametag, as with several prisoners.
- When the bus leaves the prison, it travels out backwards instead of turning around.
- In the scene when Red gets thrown into his cell, his toilet is on the back wall, but when they are making roll call, it is on the right wall.
- When Red is playing with Cow, the safety pin on his diaper is grey. When he is dropped off at the prison, his diaper pin is pink.